Hunt A Killer Forum
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
jo-huntakiller.com

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 244
Reply with quote  #1 
.
0
RustyCuttlefish

Avatar / Picture

Intermediate
Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #2 
This time, I'll avoid spoilers using Toby's f/stop code, just for grins.

So f/11 knew ahead of time that the expedition may be a bust.  Interesting development (photography pun intended).  This person was my number one suspect from the start, and knowing they knew about the success chances ahead of time reinforces that idea in my head. 

F/4 is my next candidate.  If Toby discovered the ghost lynx, f/4 has a vested interest in destroying that evidence.  For you Class of '98 veterans, f/4 reminds me a lot of the killer in that story.

My dark horse is f/8. 

I really don't think it was f/1.4.  It's not that I think they are incapable of killing; more like I think they are incapable of surviving.

Thoughts?
0
Nemohotatse2

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 643
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCuttlefish
This time, I'll avoid spoilers using Toby's f/stop code, just for grins.

So f/11 knew ahead of time that the expedition may be a bust.  Interesting development (photography pun intended).  This person was my number one suspect from the start, and knowing they knew about the success chances ahead of time reinforces that idea in my head. 

F/4 is my next candidate.  If Toby discovered the ghost lynx, f/4 has a vested interest in destroying that evidence.  For you Class of '98 veterans, f/4 reminds me a lot of the killer in that story.

My dark horse is f/8. 

I really don't think it was f/1.4.  It's not that I think they are incapable of killing; more like I think they are incapable of surviving.

Thoughts?


The theories thread is the only place where spoilers have to be expected or else you really can't explain your theory of the case. That being said:

Lillian is clearly more interested in filming a soap opera rather than a documentary about the research. She also helps to establish that Toby wouldn't have willingly gone off alone - though she may have successfully shamed him from asking anyone to accompany him.

It seems somewhat likely that if the ghost lynx were discovered, Emma would want to keep it a secret to protect it.

Rusty obviously thought Toby was a catastrophe waiting to happen but he doesn't appear to have any motive (yet), though I'm wondering why he would have a computer?

As for the Morse code: what was with the extra dots? A mistake? Or an opportunity to make the cipher harder? Now, if Toby bought the medallions for everyone, did he do the etching on the back? And if so, does that mean the medallion belonged to Rusty or Nigel? And if so, was the safety protocol message TO Toby or FROM Toby?


One thing that has really bugged me is that if the authorities really believed Toby died from a bear attack, they would never have bagged "evidence" from the campsite, let alone scour the woods for miles around collecting other "evidence". I get that there is a certain suspension of realism to work these boxes, but this is a little too much.
0
RustyCuttlefish

Avatar / Picture

Intermediate
Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemohotatse2


One thing that has really bugged me is that if the authorities really believed Toby died from a bear attack, they would never have bagged "evidence" from the campsite, let alone scour the woods for miles around collecting other "evidence". I get that there is a certain suspension of realism to work these boxes, but this is a little too much.


The authorities in this case are also park rangers.  If they believed Toby was killed in a bear attack, they still have to pick up litter.  And since the litter may be personal property, call it "evidence" and send it along with everything else. 

---

On an unrelated topic, while the timing seems close, I think the killer is probably responsible for accessing Toby's laptop last.  The trail cam shows the killer a quarter-mile from the camp at 10:45, and the wifi log says the computer connected at 10:47.  Close, but it could be done.  Thoughts?
0
Nemohotatse2

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 643
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCuttlefish


The authorities in this case are also park rangers.  If they believed Toby was killed in a bear attack, they still have to pick up litter.  And since the litter may be personal property, call it "evidence" and send it along with everything else. 

---

On an unrelated topic, while the timing seems close, I think the killer is probably responsible for accessing Toby's laptop last.  The trail cam shows the killer a quarter-mile from the camp at 10:45, and the wifi log says the computer connected at 10:47.  Close, but it could be done.  Thoughts?


I think it was the killer that was logged onto Toby's computer, as well.
0
jo-huntakiller.com

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 244
Reply with quote  #6 
Rusty is my prime suspect right now, if only because the initial on the back of the medallion are a R. He also knew the woods enough to get around and kill someone quickly, Conrad noted he is a true “mountain man”. . His only whiteness could be Emma who is obviously following him around. OR they could in fact be in it together. Did Emma use her feminine charm to get Rusty to do her dirty work.

The computer thing is interesting as it must have been someone in the vicinity of the camp as the Wi-Fi is a bit dodgy. If his laptop was in his room it could have been Rusty. If it was in the lab tent it could have been someone else.

My burning question is still who has lost their signal mirror!
0
Nemohotatse2

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 643
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo-huntakiller.com
Rusty is my prime suspect right now, if only because the initial on the back of the medallion are a R. He also knew the woods enough to get around and kill someone quickly, Conrad noted he is a true “mountain man”. . His only whiteness could be Emma who is obviously following him around. OR they could in fact be in it together. Did Emma use her feminine charm to get Rusty to do her dirty work.

The computer thing is interesting as it must have been someone in the vicinity of the camp as the Wi-Fi is a bit dodgy. If his laptop was in his room it could have been Rusty. If it was in the lab tent it could have been someone else.

My burning question is still who has lost their signal mirror!


My guess is the medallion could have also belonged to Dr. Ricci, since his last name also starts with an "R". If the laptop was left in the tent, Rusty would be the "most" likely since his presence in the tent wouldn't raise suspicion.

My #1 suspect right now is Emma, though I think her motive may be the weakest. I'm just really bothered that her statement just doesn't mesh with Rusty's at all.
0
jo-huntakiller.com

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 244
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemohotatse2


My guess is the medallion could have also belonged to Dr. Ricci, since his last name also starts with an "R". If the laptop was left in the tent, Rusty would be the "most" likely since his presence in the tent wouldn't raise suspicion.

My #1 suspect right now is Emma, though I think her motive may be the weakest. I'm just really bothered that her statement just doesn't mesh with Rusty's at all.


As we have just eliminated Dr Ricci I don't think the medallion is his.. Ready for episode 4! 
0
ctetraul

Intermediate
Registered:
Posts: 25
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemohotatse2


My guess is the medallion could have also belonged to Dr. Ricci, since his last name also starts with an "R". If the laptop was left in the tent, Rusty would be the "most" likely since his presence in the tent wouldn't raise suspicion.

My #1 suspect right now is Emma, though I think her motive may be the weakest. I'm just really bothered that her statement just doesn't mesh with Rusty's at all.


I'm also suspicious of Emma, what if Toby found the ghost lynx and was headed back to get more shots of it when Emma silenced him. 

But then I'm curious about the message Rusty wrote, was that to Emma? Could they have murdered Toby together and when interrogated couldn't match up their fabricated stories?
0
angelajosborne

starter
Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #10 
I am leaning toward Lillian. Rusty calls her a “has been” in the video interview. She is preparing a documentary based on conflict between the team, not the process of finding the “ghost lynx”. (Connor’s a liar!) Nigel is surprised by the storyboard notes he reviews when the scene subjects change from nature to the team. Her interviews are solely focused on interpersonal relationships, not the process of documenting the “new species”. I think she killed Toby to generate media for her documentary. Rest of the team may have gone silent to Ami as they wanted the ordeal to be over. None of them seem too disturbed that Toby died and mostly annoyed by his presence in life.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.